|
Love
locked
down And I continue to write the love story.. |
|||
|
Thursday, November 5, 2009
the MERMAID girl The MERMAID girl: Shiloh Pepin Shiloh Pepin, a little girl with a big story. Shiloh was born with a rare condition called Sirenomelia (Mermaid Syndrome). "The condition is two legs that are stuck together to make one whole leg," Shiloh says. "It's the way I was made when I was born." Babies born with the condition almost never survive. When Shiloh was born, the doctors told her parents she wouldn't live for more than 72 hours. However, Shiloh managed to live bravely for ten years. Shiloh was one of only six people in the world living with Mermaid Syndrome. Shiloh had only one ovary and a portion of a kidney, and she had no rectum, bladder or vagina. Since she couldn't go to the bathroom, Shiloh had two bags; one for urine and one for faeces by her side every day. Eventhough Shiloh was so suffering in her path of living, but she was a happy and playful girl with a lot of big dreams. Unfortunately, she died on 23 October 2009.. Seriously, I really feel sad about this news.. I knew about this little girl on last year, but didn't have a chance to know more about her until that day I watched 'Human Spirit', then only I know how great are Shiloh's parents and her own survival spirit!!! --This post is delicated to the Mermaid girl, Shiloh, may her incredible spirit always lives in our heart.-- Signing off; Hze =3
8:02 PM
Genuinely by Hazel Frances |
| ||